Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving...A Day Late, But Short of Nothing!

Up in Quincy, CA this weekend. Flew up yesterday early in the morning. Staying in my favorite cabin in the High Sierra woods. I've shot a few vBlogs from here, including the second I ever shot (January 25th, 2005) in which I talked about the "New Brewery Project" which had just broken ground, and the "2nd Anniversary vBlog" (January 18th, 2007) in which I mused a bit about being newly in the restaurant business.

It's a great area up here, and nicely off the beaten track. Lot's of great hiking to get some fresh air.

There's also one of my favorite restaurants here. And that's where today's "Day Late, But Short of Nothing" Thanksgiving celebration is being held. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they have a great beer selection!

That tap lineup is actually not a current pic. Right now they have Stone 11th Anniversary Ale, Arrogant Bastard Ale, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Sacramento Brewing's IPA and Butte Creek's Organic Pilsner. Not bad. Bottles of Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Lost Abbey Red Barn, and Stone 0.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale.

Take that and combine with a family that knows how to cook (they own the restaurant), and you've got a FEAST. And on top of that, there's lots of vegan and vegetarian fare. I'm told the turkey that was brought is not organic, so I won't be having any of that (bummer) but there's a locally-raised venison (errr...that means 'hunted') Thai-style chili. Not quite a "Thanksgiving" item? It is when culinary school graduate chef Michael makes it! Granted, I'll probably not have much of it and will stick to the vegetarian items, but I'm definitely going to try it!

Cheers to all.

3 comments:

Derek said...

What's the name of this restaurant in the High Sierras with all the great beers on tap and such excellent sounding food?

Greg @ Stone said...

It's the Pangaea Café & Pub in Quincy. I'm on their WiFi at this very moment enjoying a Stone 11th Anniversary Ale.

And remember, there's only one Sierra Nevada mountain range, so you can't pluralize it (as my father would love to tell me every time I referred to the 'Sierra Nevadas' until I finally dropped that last 's').

Cheers,

Greg

Derek said...

Thank you for the name and the grammar lesson :)

Cheers